This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Please refer to the Affordable Learning Georgia page, as well as to the listing on Galileo's Open Learning Materials.
The creation of this online, free textbook was funded by an Affordable Learning Georgia (ALG) Textbook Transformation Grant, Round 11.
"The State of Georgia’s budget includes funding to support a USG initiative, Affordable Learning Georgia (ALG), which focuses on reducing the costs of textbooks and the enhancement of GALILEO, Georgia’s Virtual Library and ALG’s parent initiative. A key strategy is to provide grant-supported opportunities for USG faculty, libraries, and institutions to transform their use of textbooks and other learning materials into lower cost options. The Affordable Learning Georgia Textbook Transformation Grants are intended to:
Thank you for using our no-cost HIST 1112 course from East Georgia State College as part of your curriculum! We have had a great experience re-thinking how to make HIST 1112 intriguing, accessible, and affordable to students across the University System of Georgia and beyond. This overview gives some suggestions on how we’ve worked together to teach the course, with Dr. McKinney as the instructor and Ms. Shepard as an embedded librarian.
1. Each “lesson” has the same structure, as follows:
2. The lessons are as follows:
4. A discussion grading rubric is provided.
5. A LibGuide is provided which provides information for students who use library resources.
6. Images were either copyright cleared or taken by the authors of these materials.
7. An overall set of course learning objectives is provided, linked to the assessments as used when taught at EGSC (thematic discussions, 30%; midterm exam, 30%; final exam, 30%; and video quizzes, 10%).
8. A sample syllabus is provided based on the EGSC template.
9. A video with suggestions to help students read historical content and think critically about it is available.
This entire work and LibGuide is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Thinking Critically about History from East GA State College Library on Vimeo.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Your browser does not support iframes.