1. How was the Scientific Revolution connected with the Age of Enlightenment?
2. How did Enlightenment thinkers view God?
3. Why did people in western civilization shift their way of thinking during the Age of the Enlightenment?
1. Why did Copernicus write to Pope Paul III and make him the focus of his dedication?
2. Copernicus had made an important scientific discovery, but clearly, he was afraid. Explain the background of his model. What did it state, and why did he worry about repercussions?
3. Examine Newton’s writing and the given explanations. Restate and paraphrase these three laws of motion in your own words.
4. Explain in your own words what Descartes’ La Géométrie and the use of Cartesian coordinates had an overwhelming effect on the study of mathematics.
5. In your own words, what is the thesis or main idea of Locke's document? Do you agree or disagree with Locke’s thesis? Why or why not?
The following websites may be useful to you in finding terms, studying for exams, and expanding your knowledge of this lesson's content.
NOTE: From time to time, these web pages may "disappear." Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you find broken links, so they may be replaced.